2015 Touring Production: Hamlet
directed by Robert Richmond
We are offering William Shakespeare’s Hamlet for the 2015-2016 season. The show is available for booking in the Southeast with approximate run time of 75 minutes. Hamlet will be produced with grade levels 7 through 12 in mind.
Why Hamlet? Why not? The perfect Shakespearian play to examine teenage angst, the awkward reality of combination families, and working through a relationship with a troubled significant other. Middle school children to college-aged kids can relate. Shakespeare’s most famous tragedy spurs conversation and thoughtful reflection about how parental actions can shape a young adult’s life. The story is just as important now as it has ever been as the young minds of today search for their place in our ever-shifting society.
Tour stops in 2015 include:
- Chapman Cultural Center in Spartanburg, SC: October 21st at 10:00am and 6:00pm
- Gailliard Auditorium in Charleston, SC: October 26th at 10:00a and 1:00p
- Diana Wortham Theatre in Asheville, NC: October 28th at 9:30a and 12:00p
- Diana Wortham Theatre in Asheville, NC: October 29th at 9:30a and 12:00p
- Sumter Opera House in Sumter, SC: October 30th at 10:00am and 7:30pm
- Newberry Opera House in Newberry, SC: November 10th at 9:30am and 12:00pm
- The Peace Center for the Performing Arts in Greenville, SC: November 16th at 9:45a and 12:00p
- The Peace Center for the Performing Arts in Greenville, SC: November 17th at 9:45a and 12:00p
For booking information, please contact Mallory Pellegrino at [email protected].
The National Endowment for the Arts in partnership with Arts Midwest presents Shakespeare in American Communities. The Warehouse Theatre is one of 40 professional theater companies selected to participate in bringing the finest productions of Shakespeare to middle- and high-school students in communities across the United States. This is the twelfth year of this national program, the largest tour of Shakespeare in American history.